Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ashes to ashes Rust to rust.


This beautiful Merc could have gone the same way.




















If you know anything about me you will know that I will cross the road to see a vintage car.

Something about them brings me back to the good old days !

Well here is one baby who lost her way.

I saw it, and I couldn't believe it.

It was hidden under brambles until the guy who lived next door got a court order to get the house rubbish cleared.

There she lay.A 1953 Ford Customline with a V8 engine.
A rare enough car. Sad to say she had rusted away....A few days later it had been crushed.........Rust In Peace!

You know sometimes there are diamonds right at your feet !

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant pics !! You've officially inspired me to get some photos of similar cars here in NYC, in factt some that have been in the ocean for many years and can only be seen at low tide !!...would ya swim across the pond to view one ? LOL Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore classic and vintage cars too. What a shame about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going on vacation in Northern Michigan and looking at the same two Ford Woody station wagons sitting in the backyard of an abandoned house for years. Both the house and cars are gone now. I hope they found a good home and were restored.

    ReplyDelete