Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cynthia Lennon RIP

I just heard that Cynthia Lennon the first wife of John Lennon has died.Click here

You start to feel a bit shakey when your peer group start to pop off.
Through life she was often handed the dirty end of the stick in this life.

There was a concert a few years ago (Bruice Springstein I think) and I had a few elegant lady's going to the Dylan Hotel.
The conversation was about fashion, one girl spoke about what an anti climax it was for her when she aspired to owning a top of the line dress and shoes that pinched all with top name labels.
The unease that you feel when you wear a Rolex watch far outweighs the benefits.

"Thats why God keeps me poor" I said after a while.
The conversation went back to normal things and near the end I twigged that these lady's were big show biz brides. 
But the only one I recognized was Cynthia Lennon.
Though no one had mentioned her name I asked her when she was getting out if I was right.

"How did you know?" she said.
"It was all part of my childhood" I said and she gently put her hand on my shoulder.

Still you wish that things would have gone better for her.

C'est la vie.


I guess whether you are unknown or famous, rich or poor.

You would like to be remembered with love.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet memory regarding Cynthia Lennon. How wonderful it is when you have that moment, you say the right thing, and it is taken so appropriately.

    ReplyDelete